About 100 Strong
100 Strong Billings was established to harness the creative and charitable energy of local women of all ages as we strive to improve the quality of life for women and children. We are dedicated to being a vehicle through which women can give in such a way that, because of our numbers, it combines each contribution to make a big, profound impact. 100 Strong Billings will award quarterly grants for capital and life-changing projects to local, charitable 501c3 organizations that directly support and improve the lives of women and children in our community.
Members of 100 Strong Billings pledge to make a tax-deductible donation of $100 per quarter, for a total of $400 per year, which will be held by the Montana Community Foundation. Each quarter, members will vote for a local organization to receive a gift generated from these funds.
Statement of Direction
1. 100 Strong Billings will function in conjunction with Yellowstone Valley Women Magazine and under the guidance of a Vision Team of six women who will be chosen by said Vision Team. The original members of this team are Jessica Baldwin, Stella Fong, Karen Grosz, Julie Koerber Julie Seedhouse and Haley Vannatta.
2. Each member of 100 Strong Billings will pledge to give $100 per quarter, per year, for a total of $400.00 per year. Donations will be directed to the Montana Community Foundation, which will hold the funds and disperse to gift recipients. Members may choose to either submit a check for $400.00 for the full year or donate online in the full amount or in increments of $100.00 per quarter.
Donations can be made by mailing a check to:
Montana Community Foundation
PO Box 1145
Helena, MT 59624-1145
Please write "100 Strong Billings" in the memo line.
3. 100 Strong Billings will meet quarterly on the second Tuesday of each January, April, July, and October, beginning with the inaugural meeting on January 9, 2018. At each meeting, the Vision Team will present the membership with finalists for that quarter’s benefactor. Members will vote in real time for the organization that will receive the donation. In order to be eligible to vote, members must have paid their $100 quarterly donation by 5:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each December, March, June and September (or 30 days prior to the quarterly event).
4. Monies will be dispersed to each quarterly recipient by 5pm on the Friday following the meeting.
5. Applications for grants are open to any Billings area organization whose primary mission is to directly support and improve the lives of women and children. The organization must be a 501c3 and funds must be used for the specific, approved capital project. Applications must include a detailed description of the project, a project budget, and a timeline for completion that shows a completion date of within one year from the disbursement of the grant. Applications must be received by 5:00pm on the second Tuesday of December, March, June and September. Organizations who do not receive a grant may reapply for the next quarter.
6. Gift recipients agree to display a plaque provided by 100 Strong Billings recognizing the organization as the project benefactor.